Monday, May 07, 2007

WHEWWWWW!

Things have finally settled down here at the Bedsaul household! Last week was CRAZY busy. Here's a quick recap...

Started with dress rehearsals for the girls 3 nights straight in full make up and custume. Luckily we had some major help because I worked two of those nights! Matt and his mom had to fill in! My sister, Brandy drove 6 hours with the babies (Grace 16 mo. and Mason 3 mo.) from N.C. She is a SAINT! :D It was so so SO great to see them but the first 4 days were nuts with the dress rehearsals and then the 3 shows! Callie and I were gone on Saturday for 10 hours between both of the shows! That girl can DANCE! Love her to pieces! My little tappin' queen! I had to make some kind of baked good for the refreshments at the shows so I made Butterscotch Chocolate Chunk Blondies, they are one of my families favorites and I must say apparently they were the first to sell out! :D ~ reaching around to pat self on back! I'll share the recipe at the end of this post! Sunday we had one more show with both girls in it and pretty much the whole family came to the show. I must say that little Grace was MUCH better behaved than my father! If I only had a muzzle...


And look at that toe action on Callie! Do you know how hard to do that is in TAPS? And little Peyton did awesome! Not a shy bone in that girls body. She exudes self-confidence!

We went to the Baltimore Zoo on Tuesday. The big kids skipped school (yeah, I'm a cool mom like that! LOL) and we all had FUN! The zoo was more then a little bit lacking but we were all together and how can you not have fun at the zoo? I fell in love with a super cute mountain goat that had a real smile! His pearly whites were always visible, it was hysterical. After the zoo we went to an early dinner (eggplant parm...yummy) then we drove into the city for dessert at Vacarro's in Little Italy. DOUBLE YUM! They have the best Ameretti's.

Sadly, my sister left on Thursday. So hard to see her go. :(

Well, here's the recipe...

Butterscotch Blondies

2 1/4 Cups flour
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t salt
3/4 Cup butter
1/2 cup grandulated sugar
2 Cups firmly packed DARK brown sugar
1 t vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup chopped milk chocolate bars - coarse

Preheat oven to 350

combine flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, cream butter sugars and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in flour mixture. Stir in chunks by hand. Spread into a greased 10 x 15 jelly roll pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, cool cut into small squares.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg--how cute are those girls in their costumes?!!! I used to love going to my girls' dance recitals. Your photos really take me back.

Anonymous said...

Callie and Peyton look beautiful. I especially love the first one of Callie. BEAUTIFUL picture. Tell her I said so!

Steph