Saturday, May 19, 2007

The catastrophe and so much S'MORE!

Yes, I'm so PUNNY!

Let's start with the beginning. Tonight we celebrated Callie and Cole's birthday with a little "friends" party. They each got to invite a certain number of friends and we were going to order Pizza and then make s'mores on a camp fire. I'm going to lable the catastrophes here. There were probably more, I'm not sure. After a while it became the norm so whatever...

1. I purchase 2 cake mixes to make 24 cupcakes and 1 2 layer 8" round cake. As I slide the second tray of cupcakes in I realize the first one is in the way. So I thought I'd slide it out by hand, it had only been in a moment. It couldn't be HOT. WRONG! So I get burned AND dump the 12 batter filled cupcake liners onto my oven door.
2. My neighbors DO not have cake mixes around. ARGH! Doesn't anyone bake a daggonit cake ever? LOL MIL to the rescue.
3. I make the rest of the cupcakes and add a third layer to the layer cake. 3
is always better than one! Everything is seemingly going fine. Then I broke a

coffee mug full of water on the floor and CUT myself picking it up.

Little side not here, Callie and I then make the CHOCOLATE FRENCH BUTTERCREAM to frost these little bad boys with. YES, not only do I love to bake, I obviously do not have enough (insert anything here like, laundry to do, bills to pay, house to clean) to keep me busy. French buttercream kicks the fat booty of all other buttercreams in my esteemed opinion. Well maybe not esteemed but in my eyes, yeah! Good SCHtuff! Okay, I frost the cute little cupcakes and the bigger cake. Color small bits of frosting to make the beak and blue bird and then toast the coconut.

4. Moving on to catastrophe 4. I frost and decorate all the cakes. Callie and I are pleasedwith the 24 cute little cupcake nests. I carefully take the tray of cakes into the dining room to put them infront of the window. It's a nice cool day and the breeze SHOULD set the frosting beautifully. About 10 min. later I realize we had not closed the gate into the dining room. WITH a totally sick stomach I peek into there and see that CHESTER has helped himself to 13 of my 24 "gourmet frosted cupcakes". Oh the brown DEVIL!
5. It rains during the party so the Campfire IS NOT an option! GOSH!


My mother in law was awesome and ran to get me some bakery cupcakes...:D So anyway we made indoor S'mores. YUMMY goodness was had and enjoyed by all. Hey check out the face on that cutie <---- He still had fun! That's what it's all about.

Although I bet Chester had the most fun of all!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

justem said...

Oh my goodness your photos are making me CRAVE some sweets!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the look awesome. Sorry I wasn't there to help. Hopefully next year!!!! Brandy

Nathalie Kalbach said...

woooow- smoooooorreesss- LOL! You make me drooling over the photos :-)

Vee said...

hmmmm. the cupcakes look so cute and yummy
bad chester :)
those smores look sooooo good
sorry you burned your hand, that always sucks

Cricket said...

Oh no!! LOL...I'm not laughing at you Robyn, just with you!! Those cupcakes looked fabulous and now you've got me thinking I need to make some today!

Smiles,

Anonymous said...

All I can think of when I see that picture of my cute little Gavin is Gene Simmons.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL, is it wrong that i laughed when i read that the gate was open, i soooo knew what was coming, lololol. i feel you domestic goddess pain, sometimes our inner martha just isnt working. BUT...in the end its all fun right???? and those bird cupcakes are soooo cute!!!!! how did you make the birds?????