Monday, May 21, 2007

And the ego deflates

I work as a server2-3 nights a week at a seafood restaurant. I've been "serving" about 10 years and I know it sounds crazy but I love it. Really. I like the cash too but that goes with out saying! :D But anyway, it's fun, the money is good, I love the people I work with and it's DEFINATELY one of those jobs that when you leave, you LEAVE. No stress taking it home with you. And MAN do I love me some crabcakes at 50% off too!

Okay, my story...you know there is a story coming right? Over there is my niece, Kady. I love me some KADY! Cool kid, a little crazy cool but cool. She loves animals (ME too) and she's funny and witty and smart. People have said forever how much we look alike. I was 17 when she was born (that's important for this story). Fastforward to the restaurant. Every Thur. for about 9 months I make small talk with one of the hostesses that happens to be a friend of my neices family. She's a bit older and very sweet and she leaves as I'm coming. Thursday during our small talk she starts mentioning my mother. "your mother this and your mother that" Well, I haven't seen my mother in 14 years so I wasn't really sure where she was going with that. Finally, I said "WHO" when she said "your mother". I then realized she
thought I WAS Kady! OMG. Poor lady needs glasses! I tell her who I am and she said all these months she thought I WAS KADY! LOL So that night I go home with a MUCH LARGER HEAD. As I'm explaining the wonderful little story (in my eyes anyway, lol) to my husband, Peyton exclaims "why would she think you were Kady? You're not skinny!" There goes my ego...
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my.. I hope you smacked your hubby for that one! LOL

Robyn said...

LOL, Leah, actually Peyton is my smallest daughter and she always tells it like it is!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

too funny! i have had people confuse my mother and i and she's a short little thing...and those smores look so yummy=0)'

Cricket said...

Oh the things our kiddos say huh? LOL!! I think you look fabulous and I can totally see why she thought you were Kady!!

Smiles,

Vee said...

omg....you do favor alot!!
I can see why she thought you were kady :)
hmmm...crab cakes for half off!!
my sis would just die! :)
love that pic of you wit the side pony :)

Siany said...

OMGosh! You really do look the same!! Cute story!!

Veronica said...

awww...that hurt me.

YOU GUYS LOOK like twins!

I can see why she made that mistake.