Sunday, March 04, 2007

I've hit the button motherload (aka: don't hate me because of my buttons)


YESSSS!!! Look at my button jackpot. It's okay to be pea-green with envy! LOL Really, I'm lucky! Okay, so I'm going to let you in on a little secret...shhh, don't tell anyone else. I know my secret will be safe here with my 10 loyal blog readers.
Remember last month, I was lucky enough to do that human interest segment on a local tv station (If you are bored or need a really good laugh, there is a direct link in last months archives)? Somehow during the LIVE segment I mentioned that the button from the layout was from my grandmothers button basket. I'm really not sure where this statement came from. I plucked it out of clean air, really. And if you know me, I'm not one to do a lot of air pluckin' statements. Of course, I really should have been blonde and all that and some of my comments are for sure out of left field but they are not really BS just usually....ODD. Anyway, I guess I always wanted the kinda grandmother who HAD a button basket. Mine didn't. She actually wasn't particularly domestic but that's another story. My kids on the other hand ARE lucky enough to HAVE a grandmother WITH a button basket. Actually it's more like a cigar box and a cigar box and an organized little compartmentalized piece of rubbermade. Anyway, because this woman somehow loves me (and my inescapable ohhhhs and ahhhhs and embarrassing giggles over the sight of said cigar boxes) was super kind enough to GIVE me one of the cigar boxes FULL of the lovely button goodness. And I do mean lovely and there are tons of buttons PLUS they were her GRANDMOTHERS. Just wanted to share my happiness with you all! All 10 of you! :D

7 comments:

Staci Compher said...

ooohhhhh....aahhhhh....lovin' those buttons!!!

Cricket said...

Robyn, how awesome is that!! Love buttons and grandmas buttons are even better!!! Have fun playing with them, gonna make some more bracelets? :)

Thanks for the comments on my blog...my hubby is a guitarist!!!

Hugs!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

oohh! I love all those buttons!! Thank you for your comments on my blog!

Bety :)

Vee said...

gorgeous buttons!!

Leah said...

Look at all those buttons! Now those are the good kind.. how much more special your pages and projects will be using those with sentimental value as opposed to just a bag of buttons you purchase!

Anonymous said...

make that all 11 of us! i stop in every once in a while.

LOVE those buttons. what fun!

i'm about due for another trip up your way...lots of new CHA stuff at SM?

Jana said...

You mean all 12 of us!! haha I LOVE old buttons too and was lucky enough to get a hold of a jar or two of my grandma's buttons as well. I treasure them. Haven't actually used any of them on projects yet but I'm sure I will eventually.