Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Italian Beef and Garlic Mash




Oh shucks girls, thanks for the sweet compliments...

I got a similar recipe off of 2peas a while back and lost it then found it. Here it is with my modifications...

Here's the Italian beef

1 3.5 - 5 lb. RUMP roast
1 can of beef broth
1 can of french onion soup
2 packets of Italian dressing mix
1 16 oz. jar of pepperoncini (in vinegar) cut stems from pepperoncini and reserve liquid

Dump ALL except stems in the crock pot and cook 8- 12 hours on low. I then drain off the liquid and most of the peppers (my family can be wimpy, lol) and reserve the liquid. I then shred the meat in the crock pot and top with provolone or mozzarella and wait about 5 minutes. Serve on toasted onion rolls!


Garlic Mash potatoes
1 5lb bag of red potatoes washed and cubed but not skinned
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 stick of butter
milk
"Oh so GARLIC" from Lizzies Kitchen (in the spice aisle) or Garlic Garlic! from tastefully simple
salt and pepper
1 cup of real shredded Parmesan

cook potatoes till tender. While they are cooking put about 1/2 cup milk and about 1 T of the garlic stuff, the cream cheese and the butter in the mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper till taste. Drain potatoes and add to mixing bowl. Beat till mixed then add the Parmesan and beat just till blended adding more milk if needed. Enjoy!
I got the original recipe for the parmesan mashed pots from Chef Mickey's in Disney world and the garlic is just icing on the cake! I don't even normally like garlic but a little here just gives them a great kick!

An unrelated picture because you HAVE to have a picture!

4 comments:

Jana said...

OH MY, my hubby will LOVE those recipes.....thanks for sharing!!!

Cricket said...

Thanks for sharing these yumm-o recipes Robyn!!

Smiles,

Mustafa Şenalp said...

I like your site very much. Thanks for your interest. Have a good day

Cheryl Wray said...

The Italian Beef sounds scrumptious!!
And ANYTHING with garlic is #1 in my book. The heck with all those people who have to end up smelling my breath! lol
Thaks for the recipes!!