Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And so it begins...

Early last week Peyton came home from school and told me that a little boy in her friend Annie's class called her name. When she glanced over, he said, "You are PRETTY!" like he was confirming it to himself. She was desperate to know if a. Was it okay for him to say she was pretty and b. Was she pretty? So I let her know that yes it was fine for him to say she was pretty and yes of course, I thought she was pretty. A couple days went by and she came home one day and said that Brett (same little boy) told her again she was pretty. She was VERY quick to tell me that he was just being a nice friend and friends say nice things to one another. I whole-heartedly agree, FRIENDS should say nice things to each other!
Today she came home and said Brett, "blew me a kiss" when she got off the bus. She decided that "wasn't a very FRIEND thing to do!"

I wonder how she'll remember this little story about Brett when she's 25? Thank GOD I scrap! :D
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cricket said...

aw, what fun huh? LOL! It is exactly the reason we should be scrapping, to catch these moments. I'm sure she will remember this too...I remember Doug Smith giving me a kiss in the hallway after school, in front of all the parents!! I was mortified!!! (and in first grade), that memory is still as fresh today as ever!! Maybe I need to scrap that huh? ;)

Smiles,