Sunday, June 24, 2007

The start of SUMMER

First I want to talk about my absence, my lack of blogging. I've had quite a few prods about blogging again so let me explain. I feel like this is the last summer like I've known it for a long time. Peyton is starting school at the end of August and the twins are starting MIDDLE school. So weird. So many changes. I'm trying so desperately NOT to be sad about it. It's definately the start of something new (those dang High School Musical commercials are getting to me!) I'm going to have to get a "real" job probably. As you probably know, I babysit a darling little guy named Hayden. I teach at Scrap-Masters and have in the past dabbled in some other things there like artist events and such. I also work as a server a few nights a week, which I really love believe it or not! LOL I really LOVE all three of these jobs. All 3! But I admit it probably does make our lives chaotic. So I've gotta get a real job. Like a 9-5 kinda job. So that brings me back full circle to the last summer thingy. I've been concentrating more on the kids, having the summer that I want them to have. Heck, I've been enjoying it too! As I mentioned before, we joined a local gym and it has an AWESOME pool area with slides and everything! So we've been having a blast! Plus I've been working out so that
is definately making me feel better about myself. Anyway, all this concentration on fun has put me even further behind in other stuff but that SCHTUFF will still be there later and this time with the kids won't be so...

Okay, about these pics! Last night, Matt played at our favorite local place. I don't normally go to his shows but when he plays at Looney's I really try to! I really enjoy going but it's just not something I can do often. This place is so
close and our friends usually make it. I think this is my new favorite photo of Matt. He looks so HAPPY and Hot (if I do say so myself!) Some girlfriends made it to the show too! In order are Lisa D, Me, Tina, and Missie! Too much fun!

For my SMU ladies... I will have the two layouts completed by the end of this week and I'll get my email out to you too for our last class! Last class, can you believe it? ! :D
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

How funny- my DH just played on Saturday at a party and I usually do not go to his band's show either. :-) but I can totally see your statement that it is fun to see them playing - they are looking cool :-)

Anonymous said...

VERY cool picture of Matt!

Vee said...

awesome pic of your hubby-he does los so very happy! :)
have a great summer,girl!!
and can can't wait to hear about it when you get the chance :)

Cricket said...

How fun, I remember when Rog used to do gigs but with his constant traveling he doesn't do much of that anymore! Have a wonderful summer and don't fret about the blog thing, you enjoy your babies!!

Smiles,

susan opel said...

So, your hubby is a drummer. From what I hear those are some pretty crazy guys! :)