Monday, June 26, 2006

Delightful Day!

The kids and I tagged along with Matt today to Fells Point in Baltimore. He was taking a drum lesson from a pro so we thought that would be a good opportunity for the kids and I to check out the area. It actually was a little stressful after Matt went to his lesson. I am SO not a city girl! The traffic was totally freaking me out with the kids! Luckily, my father met us about a half hour later and that took some of the stress off. I also had to say a zillion times to Peyton, everytime we walked into an antique store, "don't TOUCH anything." I was really looking for a couple antique crystal knobs to use as an ornament on the top of the paper mache mannequins I'm about to do for Scrap Masters. I think they'd look so cool like that! I'm working on them this evening so hopefully I'll be able to post them soon.

It was so fun listening to my Dad tell the kids all about the area. Tell them about his father being a tug-boat captain, explain about the cobble stone and belgian stone streets, he explained why many of the house/stores are built on an angle. The kids and I had a gelato...YUM!!! Then we went to a bakery in the Broadway market that had some Polish treats, so cool to share things from my childhood with my kids and AGAIN with my DAD! What a nice day! I only wish I had taken more pictures! But isn't that peeling blue paint on that door GORGEOUS!?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH THAT PHOTO IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Corinna said...

OMGoodness... I bet you had a great time, how fun and your pic's are gprgeous! TFS